Sunday, July 26, 2015

Concert Review: Kristen Kelly & Trent Tomlinson

Kristen Kelly and Trent Tomlinson played the final night of the annual Jackson County Junior Fair on Saturday, July 25, 2015 in Cottageville, WV. While I have been a fan of both Kristen and Trent for quite a few years this is the first oppurtunity I have had to see both of them in concert and they did not disappoint. 



I have heard a lot of country female voices and let me tell you I have not heard one with more soul & power than Kristen Kelly's and she makes it seem effortless. I personally think the industry is doing a disservice to country music fans by not playing her songs more on the radio & having her on an arena tour. She sang a mixture of her old songs as well as songs from her recently released EP titled Fire which is available at her shows as well as on  iTunes. A few of the songs she sang are Fire, Renegade, Getting Over Someone (personal favorite of mine), Bad Decisions, He Loves To Make Me Cry, Ex-Old Man and her current single Kiss By Kiss. She also sang a few covers of a couple soul songs & as well classic country songs. I encourage everyone to call your local country radio stations and request Kiss By Kiss. I was able to meet her after the concert and she is a very sweet & friendly person. I recommend meeting her if you have the chance.



I have been a fan of Trent Tomlinson since I was in high school but never had the oppurtunity to see him in concert until now but it was worth the wait. He puts on a high energy show but  also sings a few songs with just an acoustic guitar which I love. It was particularly moving to see him sing One Wing In The Fire as he said his father passed away two months ago from a heart attack and it was difficult for him to get through the song. He has written a lot of songs that other artists have recorded such as Already Calling You Mine by Parmalee and In Color by Jamey Johnson. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing Trent's version of those songs. A few of his songs that he performed are Drunker Than Me, Come Back To Bed, Hey Batter Batter, Angels Like Her, Country Is My Rock, & The Bottle. Trent's meet & greet was on his tour bus so after he met everyone else he came out and met me and was extremely friendly and when he went to sign my picture he asked me what my name was and I told him and then he was like from Twitter? I said yes. We hugged, took the picture and he said it was great to meet you sweetheart. I'd always heard he was great to his fans and I can tell you firsthand that he is indeed. 

I had an amazing evening and would go see Kristen and Trent again given the oppurtunity.

You can follow Kristen on FacebookTwitterInstagram.
You can follow Trent on FacebookTwitter

No comments:

Post a Comment