Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Q & A with Streamsound Records artist Austin Webb


First off I want to thank Austin for agreeing to do this interview and also Jeff from his record label for passing on the question to Austin. Austin grew up in the Greenville, South Carolina area and moved to Nashville in 2011. He is produced by Byron Gallimore who also produces Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Leann Womack among others and is the founder of the label Austin is signed to, Streamsound Records. His debut single Slip On By made it into the Top 40 on the charts. His current single is Raise 'Em Up which you can download on iTunes. I can say from personal experience there is not a more down to earth, humble, talented person than Austin, he is the entire package. If you have not seen him live or met him and have the oppurtunity don't pass it up. 

1. For fans that may not be introduced to you yet, give us an introduction on how you started your music career and were discovered.

I started writing when I was 9, started touring when I was 15, won a songwriting contest in 2011, moved to Nashville, and got a record deal in 2012.

2. For fans new to your music, how would you describe your sound?

Country Soul.

3. Were you surprised at the response and success of your second single at country radio, Slip On By, and how did you discover the song?

I'm humbled and grateful to have any of my music ever on country radio. "Slip On By" was a gift. I heard it on Christian radio and knew it was a great song that spoke to country music fans. That song certainly got me noticed a lot more in some circles. The next single is gonna be my breakthrough.

4. Who are a few of your musical influences? 

Kris Kristofferson, Elvis Presley, Vince Gill, Bob Dylan, and Billy Preston.

5. You have had the oppurtunity to play a lot of venues of various sizes; what venue(s) have been your favorite to play so far?

My favorite venues are the ones where the fans are closest to the stage. 

6. I know you are very active on your social media accounts, How important to your career do you think it is, and which one do you preference most? 

The country music fans are the most important things in the whole format. I'm grateful and lucky to be able to communicate and connect with my fans. It's very important.

7. What is your life motto? 

"There ain't but three things in this world worth a solitary dime...but old dogs and children and watermelon wine." My favorite lyric by Tom T. Hall.

8. What do you like to do in your free time?

I'm too young in this business to have free time. Any downtime I get, I'm working on how I can improve as an artist and human being.

9. What are a few of your future goals that you hope to accomplish in your career? 

I'd like to do a couple of separate duets with my favorite female singers - Cassadee Pope and Maggie Rose. I'd like to have a Top 10 single on the radio. Tour with Cassadee Pope and Tim McGraw. Own a winery and Basset hound farm.

10. What country artists do you currently listen to?

Right now I listen to everyone. I'm such a fan of all the new artists out there and feel great to be a part of this class. I like Charlie Worsham, Natalie Stovall and The Drive, Drake White, Leah Turner, Lindsey Ell, Maggie Rose. I can't wait to hear them on the radio regularly alongside the talented superstars like Luke, Tim, and Aldean. 

11. I know you are working on your debut album; can you say what the status of that is and if there is a possible release date?

I've recorded fifteen songs, had one Top 40 single, and I'm ready to release my new one soon! I believe my debut album will follow after this next single!



No comments:

Post a Comment